Saturday 6 October 2012

Excuses

I often hear people say they don't have time to go to the gym and heck I even used to be one of those people, but with 24hour gyms everywhere that's not a valid excuse. So this morning when I woke up with a stomach flu I felt like I could skip the gym and not feel guilty about it since I'm sick. I wasn't up for even an hour before I decided that wasn't a good enough excuse. I could still go to the gym and work out just not as hard as normal. So I got off my butt and went. Once I got there I hopped onto the treadmill and since I knew there was no way my stomach could handle a run I went for a brisk walk. Sure it only lasted 10 minutes and wasn't a run but its a lot better than sitting on the couch. After the treadmill I started doing random half assed workouts and a few minutes I stopped and asked myself what I'm doing. I'm already at the gym I may as well work up a sweat and deserve that protein shake. I needed to make my muscles sore and I needed to work hard. Once again I got up and this time I did the ballet boot camp and I was really starting to sweat. By the end of it my stomach still didn't feel great but I felt happy knowing I just did something good for myself :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is total dedication! I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Working out made me feel a bit better. I have a goal and I will achieve it :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete