Tuesday 16 October 2012

The challenges of being away

Sigh...after having worked out of town for almost a week I am not very happy. Although my hotel had a gym it was undergoing renovations so I was unable to actually use it. I did do some exercises in my room but I must admit after having worked 15 hour days I didn't do much. During this time I was thinking about what would be better; to work out or to rest. Considering the stress I'd been putting on my body over the past 5 days it seemed like those days would be ok to not have an intense workout since I'd been working hard all day and needed to get my body prepared for the next day. And although cooking wasn't an option I refused to let fast food be an option either. So working out of town didn't allow me the opportunity to do what I normally would but I did watch what I was eating so I suppose it wasn't too bad. I'm just thankful that I don't have a job that forces me to be away consistently.
Now that I'm back I am definitely trying to make up for lost time. I already went to the gym and really kicked that gyms ass. Although I'm not sure doctors would recommend working out until you puke, but I had a lot of time to make up for. I'm so happy that I can get back to my normal routine, if only for a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment